Monday, May 25, 2009

Biology Saving the World

The world of today, is vastly different from the old world in many ways. Man kind has taken some very huge leaps in knowledge in the last several centuries, both technologically and philosophically. Either way you look at it the world of today is nothing like anything that has ever existed before.

With the rise of the modern era also came the ability to destroy all life on the planet in one or two actions. So also with this new destructive power came the ability to destroy all life on earth through the systematic poisoning of the environment. It is amazing that the hand of the apocalypse by weapons has been stayed yet the hand of slow poisoning works tirelessly at dismantling the ecosystems of the planet.

As this planet struggles under our poor stewardship the signs are all around us to change. Who has the courage to change, is there anyone left who really means what they say. That goes for me to, I talk a good talk but am I really making a difference.

I thought about this the other night at the dinner table while posing some environmental concerns to my teenage sons. I was amazed that one of my sons exclaimed he was unconcerned for the planet because he thought it would last through his life. What an eye opener that was for me. It was at that moment I realized maybe I was thinking the same way deep inside, maybe I felt exactly the same but didn't have the courage he had to say something. Isn't it true actions speak louder than words?

The truth of the matter is I love the planet and everything that is on its ever increasingly fragile surface. I also love the technology we have all come so used to enjoying. How can I support both, when they don't seem to coexist very well? It is simple, by finding ways to make our technology green.

I believe the answer to the questions we face are in the biological realm. We need to look at the biological avenues more seriously, life itself holds the key to the perpetuation of life on our planet. Imagine a world not of machines but of life. It is well known the power of the human brain is far superior to any computer on the face of the planet. So why not have biological computers, power sources, equipment, etc? Maybe the Flintstones weren't that dumb after all.

Remember what the machines in the Matrix used for power, it was people. It really is not to far fetched to think of implementing bio mechanical, bio luminescent, bio computational, and bio dynamic technologies to solve our worlds problems.

I challenge myself and everyone else to think about what we are leaving for our children, or maybe even for ourselves. It is time to act. It is time to act today not tomorrow. I hope I will have the courage today to drive one less mile, turn one less light on, and say one more prayer.

Make it a great day, together we as people can save this world.

Together we can do anything, just watch and see. Have hope and believe.

Make it a great day you certainly deserve it.

http://www.dreamwoodinnovations.com

"In the cocoon of failure await the wings of opportunity."
William Muncrief 2007

No comments: